Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today's Irritants

Wiggers. I really DO NOT get it AT ALL. Honestly, I have a hard enough time understanding hip hop culture, but I don't begrudge it to anyone. But chunky white boys who call me "Shorty" and say "Yo, yo, yo" must learn that it will NOT get me to sleep with them.



And it's quite laughable when people try to sound all intelligent and use big words. But then use the wrong one and just sound like a complete jackass. (Which they usually are.)

Today's example: "And when I saw that on my bill, it gave me an epitome."

I think you mean "Epiphany" but I might be tempted to say that would be somewhat used out of context as well. But I digress...

And now for to clear that up for Mr.Idiot:

Epitome:
1. A representative or example of a class or type: “He is seen... as the epitome of the hawkish, right-of-center intellectual” (Paul Kennedy).
2. A brief summary, as of a book or article; an abstract.

Epiphany:
1. a. A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
b. January 6, on which this feast is traditionally observed.
2. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
3. a. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
b. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization: “I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself” (Frank Maier).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home