Friday, April 15, 2005

Hot Montrealers - Roadsworth

I was thinking about all the fantastic, interesting people I know in Montreal. There is a virtual plethora of amazing individuals out there. Although I don't know him personally, and I'd like to though, so anyone reading this who knows him, PASS ON THE MESSAGE, I deeply respect and admire Roadsworth.

Although I already liked graffiti, I deeply admired his work. It created something interesting in the city - not like the ugly tagging. This created something that I often heard people talking about. I'm still upset they arrested him. (I've been told he's hot too, but see below the only picture I could find of him, alas!)



From the Montreal Mirror:



F Hey, I'm pissed. I wanna know why the cops and the city can arrest a guy who makes this brilliant, witty street art around town. You've seen it: zippers up Parc Avenue, missiles for crosswalks. His name is Roadsworth and he got arrested and fined and maybe he'll be EXILED from the city. I don't get it. I mean, he takes everyday things that you take for granted and he changes them, transforms them into something that communicates a greater message. Yet you walk around the city and you see all these tags and initials and ILLEGIBLE DRIBBLINGS on buildings and windows - but the one true graffiti artist gets arrested and fined. I hope this generates a little community communication. [BLEEP!]

Here are some examples of his "work":





So if anyone knows how/where to reach him, I'd love to meet this fine person!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know him

11:24 AM  
Blogger StereoQueenBee said...

I want to know him, please please please tell me how to!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home