Tuesday, January 25, 2005

e.e. cummings

sometimes i am alive because with
me her alert treelike body sleeps
which i will feel slowly sharpening
becoming distinct with love slowly,
who in my shoulder sinks sweetly teeth
until we shall attain the Springsmelling
intense large togethercoloured instant

the moment pleasantly frightful

when, her mouth suddenly rising,wholly
begins with mine fiercely to fool
(and from my thighs which shrugs and pant
a murdering rain leapingly reaches the
upward singular deepest flower which she
carries in a gesture of her hips)

_____________________________________________________________

my girl's tall with hard long eyes
as she stands,with her long hard hands keeping
silence on her dress,good for sleeping
is her long hard body filled with suprise
like a white shocking wire,when she smiles
a hard long smile it sometimes makes
gaily go clean through me tickling aches,
and the weak noise of her eyes easily files
my impatience to an edge-my girl's tall
and taut,with thin legs just like a vine
that's spent all of its life on a garden-wall,
and is going to die. When we grimly go to bed
with these legs she begins to heave and twine
about me,and to kiss my face and head.

_____________________________________________________________

it is long since my heart has been with yours

shut by our mingling arms through
a darkness where new lights begin and
increase,
since your mind has walked into
my kiss as a stranger
into the streets and colours of a town-

that i have perhaps forgotten
how,always(from
these hurrying crudities
of bloos and flesh)Love coins His most gradual gesture,

and whittles life to eternity

-after which our seperatinf selves become museums
filled with skillfully stuffed memories

_____________________________________________________________

i have found what you are like
the rain,
(Who feathers frightened fields
with the superior dust-of-sleep. wields
easily the pale club of the wind
and swirled justly souls of flower strike
the air in utterable coolness
deads of green thrilling light
with thinned
newfragile yellows.
lurch and press
-in the woods
which
stutter
and
sing
And the coolness of your smile is
stirringofbirds between my arms; but
i should rather than anything
have (almost when hugeness will shut
quietly) almost,
your kiss

_____________________________________________________________

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you do, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear no fate ( for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

_____________________________________________________________

And my very favorite poem EVER:

i like my body when it is with your
body. it is so quite new a thing.
muscles better and nerves more,
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like it's how. i like to feel the spine
of your body and it's bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and agian and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh.....and eyes big love-crumbs,
and possibly i like the thrill
of under me you so quite new

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home